Friday, November 25, 2011

November 25 update

Had a huge moment of panic the last few days when the tips of my fingers started tingling. Was doing okay to keep most of my seizure activity under control this week (or at least hide the activity I was having) for the greater good. This finger-tip thing threw me off. Did a little research and found out that this is actually a very normal side effect of the topamax. Also found out that because I will be increasing my dose again tonigh, this will actually get worse over the next few days. So I suppose I need to begin reading through the little inserts that comes with my meds prior to panic.
Meditation seems to be helping keep the convulsive seizures down a bit. (That and a handful of pills)
Next appointment with Joshi is on Friday and I'm foolishly hopeful we will have heard something back from Stanford. I have had plenty of time now to think this over and roll with it....now I just want it done and over with. It may not be "a matter of life or death" but at this point it absolutely IS a matter of life....if nothing else...

No comments:

Post a Comment