Thursday, November 17, 2011

November 17 update

I still couldn't tell you whether or not the new medication is working or not. It's truly hard to say. I'm still on the same dose I was before. Tomorrow it will be doubled daily. One week post it will be tripled and will finally be at maximum dose. Even then it may take a week or so to really know if it will be of any use to me.
Went to bed later last night and woke up earlier this morning and it seemed to make me feel a little better. (Theory being that part of the reason for my severe fatigue was too much sleep) I'm suffering from the afternoon lag now, but that is still to be expecting seeing as 1. I exercised today and exerted energy and 2. I AM still taking the 1/2 keppra in the morning so grogginess is still clinging on like I owe it money.
Memory problems have slightly improved it seems. Simple little things still elude me; forgetting I'm making tea and letting it boil over. (Being resolved by sweet talking everyone else into making it for me :P) and trying to remember if I took my medications...(which has been resolved with a medication chart which I check off when I take my pills) and also remembering to make phone calls. That's my biggest problem. "Kiera did you call so-and-so?" "Crap I forgot I'll do it right now" *sees a shiney* (two days later) "So what did so-and-so say about this-and-that?" *moment of panic* "....shit..." So my therapist recommended me getting a whiteboard to write down my daily "to-do's" which I have purchased and plan to mount above my monitor so that at no point can I say "oh I didn't see it. Problem is now I'm sitting here writing on it and forgot what it was I was suppose to write!!
Anyway....the basic need-to-knows are as follows:
1. STILL waiting on referral
2. Working on tapering up my meds
3. Trying to work around the memory thing- any other suggestions are welcome
4. The hand scratchy thing is STILL not controlled but HAS been confirmed as seizure activity
5. Gelastic seizures are most prominent - convulsive are now pretty rare for me (thank god)
6. Decision for VNS now entirely rests with Dr. Joshi.

No comments:

Post a Comment